Good Thinkers Association is a Non-Governmental, Non-Political and Non-Profit Organization found in 2017.
GTA aim is “promoting sustainable development through innovations and putting communities in the position where they will do great things for themselves”.
This aim is achieved with the close collaboration of partner communities and development organizations through a participatory, demand responsive, gender and poverty sensitive integrated development approach in the Khyber Pukhtun khw, Punjab & Sindh Provinces and FATA. GTA interventions mainly focus on achievements in domains/program areas including, Human & Institutional Development, Education, Primary/Reproductive Health Care, Wash,Capesity Building, Technical Vocational Training and Emergency Response.
GTA Developmental Vision
GTA has been founded to address issues of sustainable development through innovation, appropriate technology promotion and capacity building, GTA philosophy is not to duplicate the mandate of existing NGOs, rather carve a niche of its own to distinctly contribute to the sustainable development in general and NRM and water and environment sector in particular. Thus GTA calls itself a knowledge based NGO, predominantly interested in promotion of best management practices and appropriate technology in sector.
GTA seeks to achieve its development vision through promoting and practicing an integrated approach to sustainable development encompassing principles of:
- Participatory and human rights based approach to development
- Strengthening gross roots level organization to ensure local level services delivery following principles of subsidiary
- Behavioral change communication to identify and target vulnerable practices for sustainable development
- Introduction and promotion of appropriate technologies to crystallize change in largely dormant societies
- Productively engage children as change agents through active learning methods / life skills based education / child to child communication for realization behavioral changes for sustained development
- Develop models of participatory civil and environmental planning, design, management and implementation
- Capacity-building of municipalities, local government institution and NGOs in specialized areas relating to environmental planning and design
- Design and implementation of environmental impact assessments and participatory benefit monitoring systems